JM Innovations



Nebraska Ag News Headlines
Rain Comes to Nebraska, Delays Fall Harvest
Nebraska Ag Connection - 10/11/2017

For the week ending Sunday, temperatures averaged near normal across western Nebraska, but four to eight degrees above normal in the east, according to the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service. Significant rainfall of an inch or more was received across most of the State, while some northeastern counties received up to four inches. Substantial amounts of precipitation continued to limit harvest activities. There were 1.9 days suitable for fieldwork. Topsoil moisture supplies rated 2 percent very short, 7 short, 68 adequate, and 23 surplus. Subsoil moisture supplies rated 4 percent very short, 16 short, 72 adequate, and 8 surplus.

Corn condition rated 4 percent very poor, 8 poor, 24 fair, 46 good, and 18 excellent. Corn mature was 83 percent, behind 91 last year, and near 87 for the five-year average. Harvested was 13 percent, behind 22 last year and 29 average.

Soybean condition rated 4 percent very poor, 8 poor, 26 fair, 49 good, and 13 excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 96 percent, near 94 last year and 93 average. Harvested was 23 percent, behind 42 last year, and well behind 46 average.

Winter wheat planted was 77 percent, behind 94 last year and 87 average. Emerged was 57 percent, behind 75 last year, but equal to average.

Sorghum condition rated 3 percent very poor, 2 poor, 20 fair, 54 good, and 21 excellent. Sorghum mature was 81 percent, behind 94 last year, and near 82 average. Harvested was 19 percent, behind 32 last year, and near 20 average.

Alfalfa fourth cutting was 89 percent complete, ahead of 83 last year, and near 87 average.

Dry edible beans harvested was 70 percent, behind 82 both last year and average.

Proso millet harvested was 69 percent, behind 78 last year and 85 average.

Pasture and range conditions rated 3 percent very poor, 13 poor, 45 fair, 34 good, and 5 excellent.

Stock water supplies rated 1 percent very short, 4 short, 92 adequate, and 3 surplus.

Send this article to a friend


Other Nebraska Headlines
Heads Up Plant Protectant Inc.
KSI Supply
Copyright 2017 - USAgNet.com. All Rights Reserved.