Southern Indiana Supply

Nebraska Ag News Headlines
Panhandle SNAP Residents Can Replace Food Lost to Outages
Nebraska Ag Connection - 06/19/2017

Residents in four Panhandle counties who receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits can apply to replace food lost during electrical outages this past week by contacting the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.

SNAP recipients in Morrill, Box Butte, Scotts Bluff and Banner counties experienced outages last June 12 due to a tornado and severe storms. Those without electricity for four hours or more resulting in their food spoiling may apply.

Persons who received SNAP benefits in June before the tornado and storm caused electrical outages must contact DHHS within 10 days, or by June 23. SNAP clients may call ACCESSNebraska at 800-383-4278, or visit a local DHHS office.

After verifying the person's address, it could take up to four working days for clients to receive their replacement benefits.

Send this article to a friend

Other Nebraska Headlines
International Protein Sires
Copyright 2018 - All Rights Reserved.